Sunday 2 July 2017

9. Volunteers


The term volunteer is derived from the French voluntaire (one who offers themselves in military service) and the Latin voluntary (of one’s free will).
This statement is for volunteers to say when being welcomed in service
and for those around them to offer welcome. It is followed by a blessing.

I offer myself in service and will work within the disciplines of the (name of organization)

……………………………………

Together, we will (mission statement of organization)

……………………………………

Whenever I am serving,
I will seek to bring our work into good repute
by the quality and attentiveness of my service.
I will seek to uphold our common values
and support and respect those I work with
and those we work for.
I will rely on my fellow-workers
to guide and encourage me
and I will seek to honour their service.

We greet you and welcome you
into service among us.
May you find encouragement and friendship
and, together, may we work for the common good.

Leader:

O God, of many names,
We ask your blessing upon our volunteers.
Just as we have heard,
“Do to others, as you would have them do to you”

We ask that these volunteers
might serve selflessly, yet,
conscious of the human need around them.

We ask that your Spirit enables them
to see and do good,
to rejoice and be glad in all circumstances,
to be bold in action and gentle of tongue.

We pray for the work of the (name of organization)

……..………………………………………………………………………...

Fill the hearts of the faithful
that good may come of this day
and the heartfelt commitments
we have witnessed.
Amen

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.